Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Monday, Monday...can't trust that day...

Clarissa here this morning. I've taken over "Mancat Monday" today. We hope those who celebrated Easter had a wonderful day. And for our friends, who celebrate Passover, we hope their holiday is fantastic.

First the mom report. She is sore. Mom spent the weekend "downsizing" the house and cleaning. She's barely made a drop in the bucket. It will be a slow process, but she is determined to clear out things she doesn't use, clothing she never wears, etc. However, mom said her body, especially her knees, are killing her now. She is an official "geezer".

I had to go to the vet on Saturday morning. Not a good way to start any day in my book. I've mentioned before that I will groom my tummy until it is raw. I've done that again and my upper lip has been swollen for a couple of weeks. It hasn't been bothering me, but it hasn't gotten any better. Turns out I have a rodent ulcer on my lip. And it is probably tied into the whole over-grooming thing. The vet says it is an allergy issue. Since I can't have any more steroid injections (the last one caused a cyst to form) I am now on Predisone. I have to take it twice a day for 7 days, the once a day for 7 days, then every other day for 7 days. Since we don't know what I'm allergic to, mom may try some different foods.

Mom here: Rissa started chewing at her belly until it was raw back in 2004, shortly before my dad died. She was four years old. I thought it was stress related due to him being ill. However, it continued until our vet finally tried the Depo injects. Those worked just fine for about 12-16 weeks, then it would start over again. The last injection she received was in August 2011. That one resulted in the cyst forming on her side. I had the cyst removed - it was benign - but then her incision got infected. No more injections for Rissa.

I tried the venison and green peas prescription food (I don't remember the brand) and she refused to eat it. Currently, the cats are eating Nine Lives Plus. Fred is on a prescription food due to his kidney issues.

4 comments:

  1. Allergy issues are so difficult to sort out. We wish you good luck with that, send purrs to Clarissa and cross our paws for no more vet visits!

    BTW, our human spent Friday cleaning and purging in our house...then moaning and groaning about how exhausted she was. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. A rodent ulcer? MOUSES!

    Oh, I hope you feel much better, soon. My auntie Blossom has been prescribed that predi... pregni... you know what I mean... before and it ALWAYS makes her feel better. So, I think it will probably work for you too. purrs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the prednisone clears you up quickly, Clairissa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, we hope you feel better soon!! We've posted a special photo for you on our blog :)

    ReplyDelete