Pages

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Happy Boxing Day

Okay, we are American Cats, so we really don't have a boxing day holiday. However, if there is a box around for us to get in then we are all for it! We hope all of our friends had a wonderful Christmas. Ours was on the quiet side. Mom and our uncle both had a stomach flu. Mom started feeling icky late Saturday night, and at 1:30am Sunday morning the festivities began. She was up about every two hours for about 6 hours. The nasty stuff stopped, but she ran a fever all day and just didn't feel well. Her fever broke over night and she felt a little better on Christmas day, but not enough to really eat. Our uncle was hit with it while he was at work on Christmas eve day. He works at "Wally World". The good news is he didn't get sick until his shift was about over. The bad news is, he exposed a lot of people to it. Of course, he didn't know he had it and that is what is sad. The other good news is he is feeling much better today.

I had my annual exam today. My vet said I'm in pretty good shape for a 17 year old kitty. I had my blood stolen and my claws trimmed and I also got my rabies vaccine. The vet said my lungs and heart sound great, and he didn't feel anything unusual when he was checking me out. I have lost a pound since November 2016. I weigh 7 lbs. now. I drink a lot of water, but I always have, so he isn't too worried about that. Mom told him that I like eating Sable's prescription kidney food and he said that was fine. And he added that I should be eating it anyway. YAY!!! It's nummy kibble. None of us like the canned prescription food.

Mom should hear from the vet with my lab report tomorrow. Hopefully it will all be good!

Purrs,
Clarissa

5 comments:

  1. Clarissa, I am your Auntie who loves you. Be well darling girl. I insist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the test results are wonderful, just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh noes, feeling icky during the holidays is tough; glad your mom and uncle are better! Keep up the good work, Clarissa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We’re glad you had a good checkup, Clarissa. We hope your mom feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too bad about your human and uncle being sick. Paws crossed for a good test report!

    ReplyDelete