Pages

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Checking In on the Interwebs

Wowie! Has it really been mid-September since I last posted? There is a lot of catching up to do!

First off, we are all fine. Memphis had a teeth cleaning on November 4, but other than that there is no exciting news to report on us. And that is a good thing. Mom and our uncle were down with a nasty stomach flu about 10 days ago, but they are both well now.

So where have we been? Our furry butts have been at home, but mom was traveling a good part of October. She went to Walker Stalker Con Atlanta in mid-October. That's a convention for fans of the t.v. show, The Walking Dead. When she got home from that she immediately took off and drove to North Carolina. She spent a week there with our Anty Torchy. Anty Torchy rode back to Kentucky with mom and she was here for almost a week. Mom drove to northern Indiana to see a friend and they went to an Alice Cooper concert in Hammond. Mom was home for a week and then got the nasty stomach flu.

Oh, and our house is a mess! A week before mom left town the water heater died. When the plumber came to replace it  he said that there was a leaking pipe in the wall. Water had gotten in the wall, under the flooring in both the hall way and the kitchen floor and ruined some paneling. All of that had to be torn out and then big machines where brought in to dry out the floors. They were loud and they made the house hot. We weren't crazy about the loud part, but we liked the warmth. Hopefully the contractor will be starting on the repairs very soon. Flooring had to be ordered and that's what mom is waiting on. Then there is a huge hole in the kitchen wall that will need to be fixed. Like I said, it is one big mess.

That's about it for now. I just wanted to let you know that we are still around!

Purrs,
Clarissa

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! Don't be strangers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice two heer frum ewe guys....hope stuffz haz settled down now & everee one iz gettin reddy for a... noe burd all ewe can eat PIE day... next week !!!♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear y'all are okay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good to hear from you, Clarissa, and that everything is okay...well, 'cept for your house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A busted pipe in the wall is very grave indeed. Most families would had been very annoyed by this; but for some reason, you liked the warmth the drying machines gave you. It must be the weather, right? Anyway, the mess is on its way to being repaired, so just hang in there and hope for the best. Good luck!

    Levi Eslinger @ Capital Plumbing

    ReplyDelete