Pages

Tuesday, December 5, 2017

And then there were 10: Fly Free sweet Memphis Meezer

Dearest Friends,

It has been a very rough four months for our household. Our Siamese/Manx, Memphis, crossed the Rainbow Bridge yesterday morning. Our vet discovered an irregular shaped growth in Memphis's mouth. He also had the beginning of a second one forming. It was with a heavy heart that I made the decision to say goodbye.

Memphis was adopted from the city shelter in February 2006 or 2007. I honestly don't remember. I do remember that he was approximately 2 years old, and that he took to my brother immediately. He made the ride home from the shelter with his hind quarters parked on the back of the seat and his front half draped over my brother's shoulder.

The saddest thing about Memphis was his mouth. That poor boy had mouth issues almost from the time he came to us. He had chronic gingivitis. He would go through a round of antibiotics and then have a thorough cleaning and be good to go for several months, and then it would start all over again. We always knew when the problem returned because he would get mad at his food dish because his mouth hurt.

Memphis was laying in my lap over the weekend and I noticed something on the side of his mouth, on the edge of his lip. It was a fleshy growth. I was concerned about it and that is why he was at the vet's office yesterday. His vet wasn't concerned about it, but was very troubled when she looked in his mouth. That is when she found the growths and some small lesions. He was also in a lot of pain when she was doing the exam.

The kindest thing I could do for Memphis was to let him go. This situation was not going to get better. Memphis has joined those who went before him. I hope they guided him on his journey.

With so many loses in such a short time I feel like I haven't had the time to properly grieve for Johnny, Spunky, Lily, and now Memphis. I also feel like it isn't a good time to bring in a kitten and her almost kitten mom. I am going to do what I can to help get them to a good home or to a no-kill rescue.

I know when one has a house full of senior cats, the time will come when goodbyes have to be said. But I never, ever expected that I would have to say goodbye to four of my precious babies within weeks of each other. It has left me feeling almost numb.

Kitties, hug your humans. Humans, hug your kitties.

Clarissa's Mom, Malinda



17 comments:

  1. We are so, so sorry and can't imagine what you are going through losing so many. Hugs and love from all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am desperately sorry. So sorry about this. I love all your babies and another gone is just tragic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry about Memphis, and that you have lost so many kitty family members in such a short period of time. Purrs to you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fly free, sweet Angel Memphis! Why does doing the kind thing feel so very heartbreaking?!? Sending hugs and purrs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are so very sorry to hear about Memphis. Sending you lots of comforting purrs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are so sorry to hear of your multiple losses. You have our heartfelt condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  7. we are so very very sorry....neither age nor circumstance ever makes it any easier

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodbyes are never easy, but when there are so many of them in such a short time, they are totally heart-breaking. Ru Free, Memphis.

    Purrs,
    The Chans

    ReplyDelete
  9. Godspeed Memphis; we are truly sorry. Mom has indeed had one crappy year...big hugs to her. You are one handsome meezer ♥♥♥ and we know your family welcomed you into heaven..♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful boy. XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a very sad time you have had. You have our deepest sympathy in this time of sorrow, and we send our purrs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We are so sorry to hear about the loss of your sweet Memphis. Sending purrs to you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sorry to read that you have lost another furbaby . Purrayers for eace for all of you. To those of us whose kitties are family, it is even harder at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't know how you are dealing with so many losses so close together but our thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We are so so very sorry fur your loss. Memphis is/was gawjus. We're sendin' lots of hugs and purrayers.

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Raena

    ReplyDelete
  16. We are coming over from Eastside Cats, and are very sorry for your loss. It is clear from reading your post that you loved Memphis very much, and having multiple losses in such a short time must hurt so much. Sending love from our house.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sorry about Memphis - and Johnny, Spunky & Lily. We know each one was precious. You've had too much heartache in a short span of time. Sending a warm hug.

    ReplyDelete